Heritage researcher needed for new CALLP project
A new CALLP initiative, called the Coigach and Assynt Heritage Signage Project, is just about to start, and project leads Coigach Community Development Company and Historic Assynt are looking for a researcher to join the team to:
- Investigate and agree with the project coordinators sites for signposts, interpretation panels and plinths on a new Heritage Trail route through Coigach and Assynt, in consultation with community groups and the wider community
- Identify land ownership and agree with the project coordinators appropriate locations for potential placement of signage for approval by landowners, including seeking planning permission where necessary
- Work with project coordinators to collate information about each agreed site for inclusion on the leaflet, panels and website pages
- Collaborate with project coordinators on working up a detailed brief for a graphic designer for the Heritage Trail leaflet, interpretation panels and signposting.
- Have proven experience of working on similar projects
- Be a confident communicator, with the ability to listen and work with others
- Have an extensive knowledge and understanding of Coigach and Assynt
- Have an interest in the histories of people and landscapes
- Be diligent and meticulous
- Have the ability to work on your own initiative and to work to deadlines
- Have an understanding of the wider CALLP project and of its vision
- Have access to your own transport
- Be confident using video-conferencing applications
- Enjoy the great outdoors and photography.
A fee of £3000 (inclusive of VAT if applicable) has been allocated for this contract.
The deadline for applications is midnight on Sunday 22 November 2020